May 22, 2022
|Paper acceptance notification|
June 29, 2022
|Author registration||July 10, 2022|
|Main conference||August 15-18, 2022|
The objective of the 4th IEEE International Conference on Decentralized Applications and Infrastructures (IEEE DAPPS 2022) is to facilitate the exchange between researchers and practitioners in the area of Decentralized Applications based on Distributed Ledger Technologies, Blockchains and related technologies. The conference will be co-located with IEEE SOSE, IEEE Mobile Cloud, IEEE BigDataService, IEEE AITest, and IEEE JCC.
Blockchain has already established itself in the domains of digital payments and NFTs. However, the potential implications of Blockchain technologies go far beyond their application as the technological backbone for cryptocurrencies. Decentralized Applications (dApps) are expected to become a key building block for a plethora of highly expressive applications.
dApps allow for various novel application scenarios, which are built upon distributed consensus and thus are hard to block or censor while providing public verifiability of peer-to-peer transactions without a trusted central party. For that, permissionless Blockchains such as Bitcoin or Ethereum rely on an unrestricted set of participants that run a (time-consuming and energy-hungry) consensus algorithm among them. In contrast, permissioned Blockchains, such as Hyperledger Fabric, distribute trust among a restricted set of consensus participants, a setup that can be well suited to model enterprise application scenarios in a more scalable fashion.
IEEE DAPPS 2022 will provide a high-quality forum for participants from research and industry. The conference will discuss key theories, algorithms, infrastructures, and significant deployments for Decentralized Applications and Infrastructures, as well as emerging research topics.
Topics of interest
- Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Smart contract theory
- Languages and tools for (secure) dApps
- Infrastructures for dApps
- Communication protocols and standards for dApps
- Software engineering for dApps and smart contracts verification
- Decentralized identity
- Identity management for dApps
- Token Economy
- Off-chain dApps
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Analytics for on-chain and off-chain data
- Governance structure and mechanisms
- Interoperability for dApps, blockchains, and DLTs
- Privacy of dApps
- Security of dApps
- Scalability, sharding, and performance of blockchain system
- Policy/laws surrounding dApps and cryptocurrencies
- Applications in emerging domains
- Other emerging research topics